- Publisher: Steiner Books
- Publication Date: 2001
- ISBN: 9780880105019
“Just as an age was once ready to receive the Copernican theory of the universe, so is our own age ready for the ideas of reincarnation and karma to be brought into the general consciousness of humanity.” ―Rudolf Steiner
Steiner introduced the West to his detailed, scientific knowledge of reincarnation and karma. He gave concrete descriptions of the way individuals transform during the course of successive incarnations and specific examples of how karma works.
Steiner also provides practical exercises that lead us to experience the reality of reincarnation. He believed that by experiencing the reality of successive earth lives, we can form a foundation for a spiritual understanding of the relationship between humankind and the cosmos.
These talks contain some of Steiner's most important teachings on reincarnation and karma. His examples and exercises can lead us to direct knowledge of the laws of reincarnation and karma.
- How to perceive directly the part of our being that passes through many lives on earth;
- How to develop a "feeling memory," which we need before we are able to experience reincarnation;
- Thought exercises for gaining knowledge of reincarnation and karma;
- Examples of how karma works between incarnations;
- How knowledge of reincarnation and karma affects our moral life.